Friday, January 1, 2010

Out With The Old, In With The New!

image

Happy new year to my lovely readers.. I was so ready for the year last year, but this year it seems I had the worst new year’s eve.. I'm so sick, and it hurts.. and on top of that, I haven't yet made all my resolutions, or redecorated my room.. And there’s a listener who keeps asking for my number, as if I have less problems already!

Anyhow, lets see whether I kept my last years over ambitious resolutions.

  1. Thank God for something beautiful every single day – done and done again! Thank you god, for making last year so AWESOME!
  2. Stop feeling guilty about wanting to buy expensive branded things – I did not buy a single designer or high street labels, except MAC.. which was a very reasonable investment.. lol
  3. Stay true to myself – I'm still! xD
  4. Drink more water – I am getting more healthier, yes I am!
  5. Say more I love you’s – said I love you’s to so many people.. more to come..
  6. Be more healthy – refer to no 4!
  7. Wear beautiful colorful clothes that make me feel good every day – I now own almost all colors.. xD
  8. Hang wind chimes – my birdie cage.. xD
  9. Find my artistic eye again – did many scrapbook pages and cards last year.. xD
  10. Become more financially responsible – got a job, which pretty much sums it all.. lol
  11. Eat more veggies and fruits – I’ve become more of a vegetarian the last few months.. xD
  12. Make more friends – you guys are the best!
  13. Find someone inspiring and strike up a friendship – I've met cool people like muawwaz, iththi, kel, sha and many more.. you all are super duper awesome.. xD
  14. Renew some old friendships – called up some old friends.. old is gold!
  15. Laugh a lot more – you should totally listen to chocolate, and you’ll know!
  16. Comment on people's blogs - xD
  17. Train myself not to assume that someone asking a question is testing to see if I get the "right" answer. – I'm no longer Ms. Right.. xD
  18. Save more money – I did save more than I did the year before
  19. Listen more –  I work in a radio station! lol
  20. Become more organized – everything is clearly labeled and in their rightful places..
  21. Clean out my clothes closet – done and done again.. It is now never dirty or unorganized!
  22. Be clean and Tidy – achieved the title of clean freak.. and proud of it.. (=
  23. Plan ahead – I have my plans for the next five years ready.. lol

So, I did exactly half of tote things.. wow.. haha..

Here are the things I couldn't do/keep

  1. Learn about Maldivian history – I'm such a bad excuse for a Maldivian!
  2. Document my family tree – Still haven't done it.. I do keep a photo of my family in a rocking frame.. does it count? O.o
  3. Remember to charge my cell phone – Poor cell is now dead.. and I now use my mom’s which I charge very regularly.. >.<
  4. Remind everyone I meet that they are beautiful, amazing, and a wonder of creation – I fail to do this.. #shahafail
  5. Surprise my family and friends with special good things – I started to do this, but some things get in the way of good relationships, like jealousy and stuff..
  6. Remember to call family and friends on their birthdays – I forgot so many birthdays! argh!
  7. Say "thank you" to all those that have blessed me with their lives and friendships – Thank you.. Late better than never, right?
  8. Get through a whole year without missing a birthday – I even forgot my own! sheesh~
  9. Read all the books I already own – I still need to read the book about coral reefs..
  10. Start a scrapbook – Hopefully will do this year..
  11. Write thank you notes – should do this more often too..
  12. Call 2 good friends per week – started doing this, but it gets awkward cos people think I need something from them.. texting is much a better alternative.. >.<
  13. Call Grandma once a month – one of the hardest things to do, even though I love her..
  14. Spend less money – Should never make a resolution about this again.. Proud to be a shopaholic..
  15. Write in the diary everyday – poor diary last year felt so alone and un useful..
  16. Do the 999 challenge in Library things – I just checked it, I never remembered about this.. hmph!
  17. Write 3 happy things about each day – Started doing this, but then got carried away by same things each day!
  18. Blog regularly – I know, again.. such a bad excuse for a blogger too!
  19. Scrap and create more often – I did make a few scrapbook pages though!
  20. Go with the baby steps – Must do this!
  21. Not spend too much time near computer – will probably never achieve this..
  22. Recite Quran daily – I should really do this.. Keep faith!
  23. Pray 5 times – I have been such a bad girl..

Such a long post, eh?

Picture from luchikk, DA..

So, What are your new years resolutions? Did you achieve all of last years? How was New Years eve? Tell me all about it!

Ciao

4 comments:

  1. good luck with those resolutions!

    i actually don't believe in these, so didn't make any

    ReplyDelete
  2. > say more i love you' s ey ? 0.o
    > redbull and holsten are not vegetarian stuff :P
    > thanks for the compliment
    > a picture is considered as a document.
    >go with baby steps ey? what the hell is that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Mini, er, these were actually last years.. hehe I know you hate to read long stuff.. hehe xD

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Muawwaz, yes, let your family and friends know that you love them.. O.o
    I'm not talking about redbull and holsten.. I just don't tweet about my vegetarian diets.. you are welcome.. xD
    that's a long story.. I'll tell you some other time.. xD

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I try to reply to every comment personally. Have a good day!