- Legally Blonde 2 – How can you NOT love Elle Woods? Of course I am completely in awe of movies with too much pink/shopping/romance in it! 4.5/5 – KEEPERS.
- The Parent Trap – I totally love this movie. It reminds me how naïve and ambitious and good people can be and yes I am talking about Lindsey. She was SO talented! 4/5 – GOOD ONES.
- 10 Things I Hate About You – I watched a series based on this, and it was kinda good too, but this was freaking amazing. TOTALLY loved Kat and Patrick of course. 4.5/5 – KEEPERS.
- Monte Carlo – Despite Sel and Leighton starring in it, this just wasn’t’ my type. I know, that’s like saying Chocolate is not my type. ha, but of course there are certain kinds of chocolate I DO NOT like. >.< 2/5 – MEH.
- Vampires Suck – How can Liam play such douche-bag-ish characters in this series? But he did play the sparkly vampire better than Rob himself, I guess. Some jokes were funny, other mediocre. But this is good for a one time watch. 2/5 – MEH.
- The Girl Next Door – You know sex sells. I mean, I freaking study about this so I know, but was rather sad. I was mostly confused whether the girl was Sarah from Chuck. I spent most of the movie deciding whether she was or not. I still don’t know and I’m too lazy to Google. Anyone wanna help out? 3/5 – AVERAGE.
- Arthur – Now this was fun. Russell Brand is my new favorite comedy actor. I loved his performance in this. Other than that, it was a nice story with a happy ending. Everything’s good. 3.5/5 – KINDA GOOD.
Saturday, October 29, 2011
Sunday, October 16, 2011
Saturday, October 15, 2011
Because lately I have been watching some very weird ones. Like last week, despite the gazillion assignments and being busy with work I was still able to finish my Korean drama WHICH WAS AH-MAZING. LOVED SHIN-BI, WHO IS ADORABLE. Some funny things I learned
- When Koreans kiss, their lips DO NOT MOVE at all.
- Sarangi-ae means I Love You
- Koreans are overly dramatic
- Gurucche means True and also many other things
Well, now that its over, I have collected a few funny movies from Mush, and hopefully will watch them soon but I have a report and presentation due Monday so, my plans are subject to delay. >.<
Frankly I though Miss Congeniality was a teenage make-over movie but it was more of an adult make-over movie. I guess I was right a bit. I’m not exactly a huge fan of Sandra Bullock apart from her performance in The Proposal. But this movie survived my Ugh rating because it showed a beauty pageant and you all know I love anything which includes lots of sparkly dresses. =P I guess it was fun but I didn’t enjoy the movie much.
Rating: 2 (MEH)
This was one horrible waste of time. The styling was kinda bearable, but nothing else was. Sometime since the start, I was so bored that I had to fast forward to the end. I have never done that to any movie, not even to the crappy Hindi movies that I watch. So you can imagine how extremely disastrous this was for me. Never again. But I have to give props for the marketing team for that slogan, “See it or be it”. Must have worked back then!
Rating: 0.5 (DRAB)
Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara was nice. Is it me or does Hrithik seem to be getting hotter and hotter? Totally loved the excitement and the adventures they had. The beauty of Spain along with the sad but kinda real storyline was a good mix, I think. I won’t spoil this because I think every guy/girl about to get married NEEDS to watch this.
Rating: 3.5 (KINDA GOOD)
I confess. I don’t generally enjoy animated movies unless it’s a fairytale or includes Barbie and Ken. Call me childish, but they are SO MUCH FUN, and have really shiny clothes. Yes, I‘m THAT superficial. Anyhow I kinda like this movie. Any movie where you save your mom, I’m gonna like it. Unless your mom is a villain or Mother Gothel. My favorite character was Ki. I recommend this to everyone. It’s a good family watch.
Rating: 3.5 (KINDA GOOD)
Anyone who knows me will know that I LOVE/ADORE/OBSESS over Jhonny Depp. True. But it definitely doesn’t help if the only reason I love a movie is because Jhonny isthe voice of the main character. I don’t like corpses. They scare me. Even when they are being all funky and dancing or wearing a glam wedding dress. NO CORPSES FOR ME PLEASE! *sigh* Still, Jhonny and Helena Bonham Carter being in this gives it such a higher rating. I’m totally biased!
Rating: 3.5 (KINDA GOOD)
That’s it folks!
Until next time, I have to sleep, attend classes finish the PM assignment and cry bucket loads over being unable to talk with Mh for so long. Sorry babe!
Wednesday, October 12, 2011
Monday, October 10, 2011
Hey guys! I am back. Not that I’ve gone anywhere, but I know, I’ve been MIA. Believe me when I say that I’m so busy these days I don’t get to spend even an hour at home. YES. Something exciting is finally happening. Well, a lot of things, but more on that later.
Despite the busy schedules I watched three movies last week. –___- I know. Whatever. They were pretty sad anyway. Not in an emotional context though.
First I watched this movie called “Elle: A Modern Cinderella Tale” which believe me has NOTHING related to Cinderella except for the happy ending. It was horrible. The acting was horrible. The movie ended within three days. The set looked like that of an adult movie. Bad dialogues. In fact, there was nothing good about it. I’m very patient when it comes to teenage movies, but this sucked BIG TIME. Also the fact that it ruined my favorite name (Elle) is a major downer! Look, even the poster looks a photo-shop gone wrong
Rating: 1.5 Stars (BLAH)
Revenge of the Bridesmaids was far better. I don’t know what’s with me and movies that show people planning to destroy others. Maybe I secretly like seeing people suffer. *shudder* Anyhow, weddings are one of my favorite topics, and the fact that the cast was fun didn’t hurt either. Also the bridesmaids were super cool, and that house is MAJOR AWESOME. Seriously. You should watch it, at least for love. =>
Rating: 4 Stars (GOOD ONES)
(I COULDN’T GET A PIC SORRY. MY W MODEM WAS BEING A BUNTING. Google it yourself. It’s not that awesome but kinda fuzzy.)
Bad Teacher. One Word. HILARIOUS. It was an eye opener. Kind of breaks all the rules that teachers set, eh. Cameron Diaz was awesome. I’ve been liking her work since My Sister’s Keeper and I think this one is pretty interesting. Her characters are becoming more versatile. Jason was his funky self and they made a crazy cool pair. I think every teacher should watch this just to find out the worst kind of teachers there could be. You could learn a thing or two from Elizabeth.
Rating: 2.5 (OK-ISH)
Well, that’s pretty much all. I’ve been watching too much Criminal Minds and Korean drama’s to watch any more movies. I hope life is going well for you guys, since mine’s pretty awesome right now.