Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Late Monday Playlist

I was going to upload this yesterday, but I got extremely busy and forgot. So here goes;


50 Ways to Say Goodbye by Train
Train has become a personal favorite with songs like Hey Soul Sister and Drive By (I mean seriously, I could just sing THIS IS NOT A DRIVE BY all day long and not get bored of it) and this song is no exception. I absolutely love how he used so many interesting (and some quite horrific) ways to die and made it into a great song. My favorite way to die in the song is danced to death at an east side night club. haha! I also love the video and that guy holding the Rack City Bitch board.

Starships by Nicki Minaj
I'm not exactly a fan of Nicki but I know a few people who are. I do like chorus of this song. In fact, I like it so much that I often yell it while having conversations with my sister much to the horror of poor little girl. I mean, how can one not yell, "starships were meant to fly, hands up and touch the sky". It's just so yell-able.


Hello by Karmin
Thanks to my good friend Arky, I found this song and I absolutely adore it. Karmin is just adorable. However  in the list of my favorite songs named Hello, this would come 3rd; the first being the Lionel Ritchie song (Why yes, I am looking for you Lionel) and the second being the Martin Solveig song (oh, you just came to say hello? HOW NICE!)

Airplanes by Bob ft Hayley
I remember when I was in HFM and when this song was da bomb. I actually got bored of it. But then, I somehow found the love back. It is also the only song that I can attempt to rap to. I also found out that I'm horrible at rapping. True Story. Not that I ever thought I'd be good at. I just wanted to give it a try. WHAT? DON'T JUDGE ME. IF YOU HAVE NEVER RAPPED IN YOUR LIFE, then good for you I guess.
 
Runaway by Kanye West
This is the first Kanye song that I actually like enough to play it more than once. I guess being a fan of Tay automatically makes me not like him. (the BUT IMMA episode?) I like this song because it is very very cool. It gives toasts to people like douchebags, assholes and all other random people and also asks them to runaway. That has to be the best advice Kanye has ever given.


Ulhe Jab Jab Zulfe from Naya Daur
Dad and I have a shared love for old Hindi songs and Urdu Ghazals and lately we have been watching them during nights when I don't have class. I almost forgot how much I loved these songs. The lyrics are beautiful, the music is heartwarming and the people are so elegant and the posse just makes you want to go there and nod your head to the tune.

Dil Mera Churaya Kyun from Akele Hum Akele Tum
This song is so so sad it makes me want to cry. I mean, really. Why did she had to steal his heart only to break it, that is just plain mean. Who does that?

Anyhow, have a wonderful day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I try to reply to every comment personally. Have a good day!