Thursday, November 22, 2018

Currently: November 2018

It's been a hot minute since my last post. The last two weeks, I was home because I was battling a small sickness and so I had loads of free time on my hands and watched way too many movies, TV shows, and YouTube videos. Not a lot of books read tho, but I am slowly catching up to speed. Here are a few things that's keeping me entertained this month. 


Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries S1-S3 | I think it was Mannu on twitter who recommended this to me and she was right to say I would like it because I loved it. It had two things I love, murder mysteries and 1920's and Miss Fisher is now one of my favourite characters of all time. She's so brilliant and ahead of her time. I watched all 3 seasons of it in about a week and wanted more. Luckily, there is a movie in the works. 

Fantastic Beasts: Crimes of Grindelwald | Can you believe I hadn't seen the actual Fantastic Beasts movie till just last week? For some reason I missed it when it first came out and forgot about it. I really loved the first movie, Newt is an absolute darling to watch. This second movie, I made sure to get tickets even when I was sick but it was not as good as the first. Too many storylines going on and not enough of Newt or cool beasts. I don't think I enjoy Grindelwald as much. The magic was still so wonderful and brought back the good old HP jolly. 

Velvet S1 | This is also another surprise. I was watching another Spanish drama called Elite and was checking Netflix for other Spanish dramas and found the spinoff for this called Velvet Collection. It's based in the 1950's in a fashion house, what? Those are two things I obsess over so obviously I had to check it out. It's a bit long so I'm taking it slow and enjoying the drama quite a lot. They could show more fashion tho, haha. 

A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro | When I first heard about this book, I knew I would love it but not that I would love it so much I would stay up all night to read this. It was a classic murder mystery with a twist. The characters are modern day descents from the original Holmes and Watson so there's a lot of back story and interesting character arcs. I really just devoured this book. The mystery was also very clever. 

When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi | Been hearing lots of good things about this book and I needed a non-fic so I picked this and I am enjoying it a lot. Paul is a gracious writer, he writes with a rawness that I hardly ever find in non-fics. I know this is going to be a tearjerker so I'm getting myself ready for the heartbreak. 

Nikle Currant by Jassi Gill ft Neha Kakkar | The Kakkars have been cooking up a storm this year, bop after bop and this one's great too. I have been jamming to this all day long and cannot get enough of it. 

What's keeping you entertained?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I try to reply to every comment personally. Have a good day!