Monday, February 27, 2012

Maids of honor

Life has been going extremely well for me the past few days, alhamdh-lillah. If you don't know already, one of my best friends in class, N got married, and I was one of her bridesmaids. This is my third time being a bridesmaid, the last two times for two cousins but this time was special because I was actively involved in a lot of things. For instance, the bridesmaids made the favors - pretty red flowers from wire and stockings - were on guestbook duty and basically helped the bride and groom on their big day. The two of them were so nervous throughout the ceremony and the reception. It was also my first time witnessing a real Maldivian wedding. The last time there was one on my place, I was fast asleep. Not cool! Too bad even this time, we didn't here the "I do" part because we were too busy taking pictures. #epicfail 
image credits
The whole wedding makes me think of a wedding for myself. For those of you who know me well, you must already know that I have been planning my wedding since I was almost 10 - I am a LOT like Monica from Friends. Yes, we girls sometimes do crazy things like that. I personally feel that every girl is a wedding planner from birth! ha.  In my list of things to do for my wedding includes
  • Have a fun photo-booth thing
  • Take lots of candid pictures rather than the cliche' with bride and groom ones
  • Do a more creative guestbook, like the fingerprint one, or chalk-board, or typewriter.
  • Have a S'mores station! 
  • Ask the bridesmaids, and groomsmen to give speeches.
Well, I wouldn't want to spoil my whole I-donno-when-or-even-if-it-would-happen wedding so let's see what else I've been up to.

OH YES, I AM GOING TO THE LAND OF HARRY POTTER NEXT MONTH. Super excited. I have started compiling a list of things to do in UK, which so far includes finding as much HP stuff as I can, and eating fish and chips (recommended by Kellie), so if you have any recommendation of stuff (no matter how tourist-y) I am all ears! I will be going with eight more people, and we would shadow a parliamentarian and study about English politics or whatever. 
On less exciting notes, I have an assignment due today which I should be doing rather than looking at Oscars red carpet. >.< 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I try to reply to every comment personally. Have a good day!