Sunday, December 9, 2012

For you, a thousand times over

If you have not read/watch Kite Runner, then I suggest you do it. RIGHT NOW! Seriously. It is one absolutely wonderful, heartwarming movie. I read the book by Khalid Housseini a few years back and it was the only book that has ever made me cry. Seriously. I am a potter-head but I have never cried when reading any of the 7 HP books, but The Kite Runner made me cry, so that is saying something. 
The movie of course lacks the depth and some of the most important aspects of the book, but brings together the whole idea in a very nice way. 
It is an epic tale of love, sacrifices, betrayal and friendships set midst the times when Kabul was under the Taliban rule and it shows the brutal-ism shown and the racial differences. It follows the story of Amir and Hassan, two friends whose life is completely changed because of the circumstances. A little boy who has the chance to re-live in the America's and a little boy who sacrifices himself for his friendship and another little boy who's life changes drastically. 
The story is such an inspiration that despite the mistakes of the past, there is always the chance to be good again. It shows that there is always something you can do, someone you can save, and that being good is a choice that you have. (that rhymed, ha!)
I won't spoil it for you, but get ready to for emotional trauma at the hands of a paperback and/a DVD. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I try to reply to every comment personally. Have a good day!