Monday, January 28, 2013

Monday Playlist: Twenty Dollars in my Pocket

This week has been very light and so far, very productive. The worst thing though is that the only music I hear is when Scott plays his share of songs and when a song is played on either NCIS or 30 Rock, two series that I'm currently watching. Gibbs and Lemon never cease to amuse me, neither does murder and comedy. Songs I'm loving right now are;


Thrift Shop by Macklemore ft Ryan Lewis
Seriously, so hilarious. A song about anti-consumerism which is so catchy you'll be caught singing I'm gonna pop some tags all day long and make you wanna wear your grandmother's clothes. Listen to this whenever you wanna buy something and it may or may not stop you. Also watch when they performed this in Ellen and Ryan was skating wearing a Poncho and gifted Ellen a jean jacket with her face. It was awesomesauce.

Don't You Worry Child by Swedish House Mafia
Love it, so much. So mellow, inspiring and beautiful lyrics. I often imagine this being the background song to some of the moments in my life lately. I've never had a heartbreak but this song speaks to me, like how it speaks to a million others.

Scream and Shout by Britney ft Will.I.Am
This is a weird song. The only part I like is when they say "You're Now Rocking With Will.I.Am and Britney Bitch". But somehow it makes sense. The video is weird too. I donno, just watch maybe? Maybe I'm just infatuated with club songs I find it weirdly interesting.


Beauty and a Beat by Justin Biebs ft Nicki Minaj
OK, I admit. I like a Bieber song. Yes, you can hate me on this. This song was actually nice. The lyrics, not so much, the video OH YES. I love the concept. I am still not a Belieber (I hope never) but is it wrong to like one song? OH GOD WHY AM I EVEN ASKING? YES it is, and also considering Nicki's in this. Whatever.

Gone Gone Gone by Phillip Phillips
OK, he might be my new favourite. First Home and now this. I loved it from the moment I heard him perform it on Ellen and since then this song has been my go-to song mostly cos Scott keeps it playing over and over. I am bound to hate it soon, but today's not that day. Listen to it, before it's Gone Gone Gone too mainstream.


Ready or Not by Bridgit Mendler
I saw this just last night when my friend Abe recommended it on our Book and Music club. I liked he girl and her voice and the concept of the song and some of the lyrics. I think it's a bit shallow though, but kinds sweet at the same time. Oh well. Just listen, or more watch. You might like it. 

What is in your playlist? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I try to reply to every comment personally. Have a good day!