Thursday, June 19, 2014

If the world had a mother like mine

Ramadan is coming and I'm very excited. The month of blessings, the month of iftars, family rituals and more. :) I love the feeling of it, everything seems so mellow and lovely and the days might seem a bit longer because of hunger but the nights are the best because there is great food, laughter and the air seems to be just a bit more "airy". 

It's been sometime eh. I have been keeping myself occupied with the usual things. Thutha was in town last week so we went shopping a lot and she took me out for food twice. Also, I got my very first pen pal letter from Indonesia which is filled with so much pretty. I sent a reply to her and sent some more letters this week. 
how cute is that wishbone necklace? I wear it all the time. 
Last Friday was my Hijri birthday (The day I was born according to Islamic calender. My family always celebrate it. I'm a mix between 22 and 23 :|) so Thutha took me out for waffles at Heaven's Treat and it was so good, really. We enjoyed every last bite and it was worth the hype and the price. We also shopped till we dropped, buying stationery and way too many body mists. 

this is chocloate waffle and it's divine. 
On Saturday, I met up with some old friends from high school days, Lulu and Ty and it was fun filled pancake eating, instagramming, nostalgia inducing talk of life and love and all things precious. These people fill my heart with so much happiness I feel like there's happy running in my veins. 

eventhough it looks good, I didn't like it that much. Maybe I'm too biased cos mum makes the most yummy pancakes.
I did a lot of crafting this week. Making personalized stationery is my new hobby. I'm not even close to being good but I think it looks really pretty. I haven't been leaving as much love letters around town, but I try. If you every have some free time, sit down and write someone new a letter. It's very medicinal and stress relieving. Food for the soul, if you will. 

I can't write like Hannah Brencher does but I hope my words can make someone happy. 
I have very exciting things lined up for the weekend. I really hope that I can finally free sometime and actually relax because I feel like I've been tiring myself with too many things. I need to take sometime to sharpen the saw. 

How was your week? I hope it's going well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I try to reply to every comment personally. Have a good day!