Friday, April 28, 2017

2017 So Far


I feel like I haven't properly blogged in ages, mostly because I've been preoccupied with other things and also because I haven't found enough motivation to sit down and write. Last year was perhaps one of the worst years of my life that I remember. I lost someone incredibly close to me to the cold hands of death, and I'm still trying to fill the hole it left in my soul. I was almost on the brink of giving up on my thesis because it was all getting too much, but thanks to the people around me whose constant encouragement helped me to finish it. 

Moving on, this year so far has been pretty great despite a lot of sad things happening lately. I've found a great group of friends that I'm lucky to have around who make everything so much better. I'm also losing friends and acquaintances left and right and it's scary. It's so scary. There's been so many moments where I felt like there is no hope, but I can't, right? Someone has to always be the one who will hold on to hope no matter what. 

Things are getting so bad. You kind of want to just cry and give up. Now, more than ever, you need to show people kindness. You need to teach your siblings and your kids the value of life and the importance of being kind. 

I want to continue writing here because it's been such a big part of my life and writing has been one thing I've always felt was mine. I have a lot of big ideas for this blog but between what's happening in my life and in Maldives generally, I feel that the progress might be slow. For those of you who are still around, I'm so grateful. 

Stay fighting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I try to reply to every comment personally. Have a good day!