Monday, March 4, 2013

Monday Playlist: Heartbreaks

I have not been listening to too much music lately. I've lost the motivation to blog and after my birthday, it has been a time of hiding from things, from people, from myself. I still have not had the same motivation as before, but these things happen in life, for no reason at all. Anyhow, all the music that I hear recently comes from series that I watch. Here are some songs which I've come to like in the past weeks (most of which for some weird reason are related to heartbreaks. -.- )

Somebody's Heartbreak by Hunter Hayes
Hunter is so ridiculously handsome and he sings songs with so deep lyrics AND he's only in his early twenties? AHH, it makes me feel happy and sad and free and confused at the same time. This song is very very beautiful. I use the word beautiful when I want to describe something that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Like cashmere sweaters. I love it so very much despite how sad it sounds. 


Better Dig Two by The Band Perry
I absolutely love this band, the sibling trio. They remind me of the Harry trio, except no one's the chosen one and they sing beautiful songs. This song is saddening and very interesting. I cannot imagine someone loving someone so much, but then again, I cannot imagine a lot of things. Maybe I choose not to imagine things because I like living in my comfort zone. The video is pretty nice as well.

Every Storm Runs Out of Rain by Gary Allan
This song is very moving, light and inspirational. It makes me feel like no matter what hard things happen, there's always a brighter side. It might even replace my "Feel Good" song The Climb. Both songs tell a similar story, except this sounds like the kid of advice your mother and father would give, or Charlie. Always remember that every dark night turns into a day, just like how every storm runs out of rain and it brings rainbow and sunshine. I wanna dedicate this song to Pots.  

Mama's Broken Heart by Miranda Lambert
Something about this song is very comforting. It's unfortunate, but sometimes I feel like I'm gonna be this kind of a person who tells her daughter to run and hide her crazy and to start acting like a lady and then she'd feel that it's not her mother's broken heart. There's something comforting about that, because that's what I'd do too. Maybe being strong is not about pretending to be until you truly are, but it is beyond ridiculous to think not to try. Maybe I'm just a country girl at heart born in a different place without my horse and cowboy boots and my heart on my sleeve.


Two Black Cadillacs by Carrie Underwood
Another tragic and beautiful song about heartbreak. Carrie seriously looks like Emily Osment, I cannot be the only one who thinks that. I'm all for the dramatic flare when it comes to cheating husbands, maybe that's why I like the song so much or maybe I'm just too country. -.-

Are We Lovers or Are We Friends by Acid House Kings
This song is like my whole love life summed up now, haha. It's not very funny when I think about it actually. I like this song because of that. Also, I thought this list was suddenly becoming too country so I had to include some blues, not that it's helping anyone's case though. 

What is on your playlist this week?

1 comment:

  1. I love the way you write about songs. My playlists never change.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I try to reply to every comment personally. Have a good day!