Tuesday, February 25, 2014

MINDTalks

A couple of months ago, I first heard of MINDtalks from a friend and thought it was like TEDtalks, experts in an area giving little talks but when I went to my very first MINDtalks, I realized it was much more than that.

I didn't even know what I was looking froward for on that breezy night in July when I went in and was surprised to find my friend Hishko and sat next to him, already fashionably late listening to Leena talk about her life. Her journey through her education, her little victories and the way she dealt with everything was brave and I sat there listening to her talk about how she braved one train ride all by herself and her two little kids.


I was even more interested in the next talk when Jawish came on and gave what may be one of the best MINDtalks yet. He was fun, energetic and had so much to share and his story of how he became what he is today was nothing short of extremely extraordinary! Hishko is a total astronomy junkie and while I would never consider myself anything even remotely related to science, I was very intrigued by his talk and it made me re think on technology a lot.

Since then, I've been to a couple more (the Zombie crowd and I try to make every MINDtalks night free so we can immerse ourselves in some astounding talks and be a part of their journey) and while some talks were a bit bland, every MINDtalks night is really something we look forward to and we always end up learning something new or just getting really inspired to change the world, haha.

So, be sure to check them out on Youtube and maybe attend one sometime soon. They have one every month and three people would come and tell you about their life and the lessons they learnt and hopefully will give you some much needed inspiration.

NOTE: THIS IS A SCHEDULED POST. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I try to reply to every comment personally. Have a good day!