Wednesday, July 6, 2011

My Sister’s Keeper

imageimage

This is one of the most emotional movies I have ever watched. I cry in movies sometimes but this one made me cry a gallon of tears because it was too emotional. At some point I had to stop watching because I couldn’t take it anymore.

I am probably not doing justice to it by not reading the book, but since I don’t have it, it’s the next best thing. I was rather sad after reading the book summary that the movie ending was different than the books. I can’t even imagine how life would be for a cancer patient, or a dyslexic. Everything seems to start very differently but in the end we realize that sometimes we get so lost in trying to keep the ones we love near that we forget what they want, or need.

The characters are very complex and versatile. I’ve been a huge fan f Abigail Breslin since Nim’s Island, but she delivers her best in this movie. But the best performance was by Sofia. She made the movie come to life with her acting. At times you feel sad for her character Kate, then she makes you realize that life is beautiful when you cherish every moment. If you look at life from her glasses, it’s a journey, no matter how short the distance is, what matters is how much you’ve given and how much it meant. Alec Baldwin was as always, great. I think this is Cameron’s best performance I’ve seen too, not that I’ve seen that many movies of her.

imageimage

I really recommend this movie. It’s the kind of movie you would want to watch with the people you love the most, because it would make you care and cherish what you have and make you realize how much it’s worth.

PS I’ve been watching way too much White Collar and Hellcats these days, and classes are so packed (literally!) along with many trips coming up. I hardly have time to blog, but I;’ll keep you posted. ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I try to reply to every comment personally. Have a good day!