Monday, May 13, 2013

Day 13: They don't like my genes, they don't get my hair

I am not as self conscious as I think I am. For the most part, I love my body and how I look, but yes there are days when I feel otherwise. People look at me and then I keep thinking there must be something wrong with the way I look, but I tell myself that there isn't. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. 

image credits

I am very slim, too slim some might say. This has led to people often giving me eating advice, forcing their weird eating regimen on me, asking me to drink milk and eat yogurt and stuff. Some people just don't get it. They don't know how many glasses of milk I drink, and they don't know that broccoli is my favourite vegetable, and they don't know that I rarely eat sweet stuff. I don't even want to tell them because I am done defending my eating habits. I know what they are and I am perfectly fine with it. 

I do agree though, my blood sugar is very low and only a few weeks back I had a minor setback but I've gotten better. My dad is a doctor, so at home healthy eating is so common that it's been routine. All us kids start every day with a glass of milk, and end it the same way. I am still on my way to get the body weight that I want. 

So for the most part, I am happy with how I look and I'm not one to change anything because the society/anybody wants me to. I get rather upset when people are always conscious about their body, and also about how we have this culture of calling people "fat" and making fun of it. I have a lot of friends who are healthy and they look great, but they are always saying things like "those earrings make me look double chinned" and while I do advocate people on dressing for their body, comments like this just makes me want to feed them polyjuice potion. 

So people, fat is not the worst thing a human being can be, OK? JK Rowling taught me that and I want you all to remember that no matter how you look, hating/harming your body is not an option. If you want to lose some weight, start a diet plan and if you want to gain, do the same. Don't let people impose their ideals of what YOUR body should be on you. It's your body, you are living with it, so love it cause baby you were born this way! 

1 comment:

  1. You'll always be beautiful. Always. and that's no yolk! :3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I try to reply to every comment personally. Have a good day!