Friday, June 7, 2013

Founders Issue

I'm not sure if I have told you this before, but I am the content directors for DYM's very own magazine, called DYMag. It's like my little baby. Having grown up reading magazines such as Home Decor, Seventeen and Reader's Digest and later moving on to the world of online magazines (hello, Sweet Lemon, Matchbook and Framework!), I have always wanted to create an online magazine. 

And last month, that is exactly what we did. So, what does a content director do? I get people to write for topics, get them to the editor, get people to feature, interview them, transcribe the interviews and then I am on their toes always getting them to finish the work. It's a tedious task and I'm constantly working them through my work (it kind of helps that even at work, I work at making a magazine happen). There are a lot of perks though. Being inspired by people who do amazing things, and seeing their creativity and getting feedback on out work are a few. I absolutely love the journey so far. 

The first issue, the founders issue even features me (how cool is that!). The photo-shoot was so much fun and we had a great time. I'm very very proud of our team of three people and all our contributors. 
We are working vigourously on our June issue and it is going to feature three really cool people and I'm very excited about it. 

We are also looking for contributors for July issue, so if you are a creative and would like to contribute, let me know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I try to reply to every comment personally. Have a good day!