Monday, December 21, 2015

Favourite Books I Read in 2015

Ah year end, what better time than now to talk about some of my favourites I read the last 12 months.
In no particular order here goes. 

Wonder by RJ Palacio
Definitely one of the best books I've ever read. So heartwarming and it makes you rethink everything about little boys who look different than other little boys.









Two timelines, two stories, two women, one painting. LOVED this book, the writing style and how the stories intertwined. I did enjoy the part set in first world war a lot more.








And the Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini

Would I ever be bale to read a Khaled Hosseini book and not love it? Probably not. I did have minor problems with too much characters in this book but overall just loved it so much.









Ah books, adventure, secret missions? YES, YES and YEAHHH. This book was such a thrilling ride and I was hoping for so much more. In fact, I'm sad that this is a stand-alone book. 

This book was closely in line with Khaled Hosseini's work but it has a much bigger impact on me. I love that it took place in just five days but it managed to teach the history of Chechnya and the book was heartbreaking but also hopeful. It's not really an easy read but you'll be a better person for having read it. 





Life of Pi by Yann Martel
I knew I was going to love this book but I just didn't know how much (very much!) and I was so right. Brilliant coming of age story and the background into religion, zoo keeping and philosophy was an added bonus. Thrilling page turner. LOVED the movie too.








The Color Purple by Alice Walker
I found this book in the library and have seen so many good reviews about it and I was a bit shocked with the language but once I got over it, it was such a good read. Tear jerking, emotional and sometimes just downright cruel, the story was compelling and I was hooked.








The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
Ah, my very first ever Paulo book and I loved it to pieces. The story was beautiful and the writing was what kept me going. It was both sweet and happy the feeling this book gave me.









Digital Fortress by Dan Brown
Also my very first Dan brown book ever (also his first book) and it was fast paced and I lvoed the coding and the action. These kind of books are some of my favourites. Enjoyed it very much. 









and since we are on the topic here are 3 books I didn't particularly like. 

The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
This book was getting so raved about I went in and got it but it was such a bore and the wrost hting is that it would pick up and pace and I would get into it but then it would disappoint. I did enjoy the parts about the painting and the theory about art but overall, I just found it very boring, especially for a Pulitzer Prize winner







A Grown Up Kind of Pretty by Joshilyn Jackson
This book's premise was just so interesting and the cover was so pretty but boy did this book just make me sad. It was pretty lame. I don't even want to talk about this book. NO.









Landline by Rainbow Rowell
How did a Rainbow Rowell book end up of my least favourites? I KNOW. I'M SO SAD cos I had such high expectations for this book and I love yellow rotary phones but I definitely did not like this book no matter how much I wanted to! UGH. 

What books did you love in 2015? What didn't you like?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I try to reply to every comment personally. Have a good day!