Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Currently: July 2016

I don't know why but this month's going in a blur. I honestly can't remember what I've done so far except for a couple hangouts and Booktubeathon. I have been reading and watching quite a lot of things. 

Another Period S2 | I've been watching this since it started and loving the satire and the humour. It's basically Downton Abbey meets KUWTK + way too much drama and comedy. The jokes on the era are on point. 

Cougar Town S6 | Last season with the gang. I love the gang, especially Jules and Ellie. They're so much fun and the title jokes never get old. It's crazy but then again, I'm a fan of crazy. I'm going to miss them once I catch up with the season. 

Downton Abbey S6 | I recently finished watching the last season of Downton Abbey and it gave me the shock of my TV show life but that ending was so perfect it mad my heart happy. It was definitely sad to see them finish only through 20's (I was secretly hoping they would continue until 50's, if only just to see the fashion) but it ended on the best note. I will miss the folks of Downton Abbey, especially Lady Edith and Mr. Branson. 

Purple Hibiscus by Chimimanda Ngozi Adichie | I honestly got this only for the author cos I've heard great things about her and it's true. Her writing is beautiful and this story is so far extremely close to heart and so rare. I'm only halfway through and it's already filled with so much emotion, I'm slowly devouring this book. 

Passenger by Alexandra Bracken | I'm reading this book for two of the challenges of Booktubeathon (read a book after sunset, read a book you bought after hearing on it on Booktube) and so far, it's alright. I'm not that big a fan of the characters but the time travel aspect is interesting. I'm allowing this book to catch me off guard. I've heard way too many booktubers rave on about this book (which was why I bought it just when it came out but for some reason never got around to reading until now)

This is Why You're Single | This is such a fun podcast by the two funny and remarkably witty ladies; Laura Lane and Angela Spera. Each week, they dissect at a reason why you're still single, and as a singleton, I find it so very appropriate and hilarious. 

What's keeping you entertained this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I try to reply to every comment personally. Have a good day!