Friday, May 21, 2021

5 New KDramas to Catch Up On - May 2021

This is becoming a series and I absolutely love it.  This May we have so so many good series, it was really hard to pick just five, aah but here we go!

Taxi Driver

This is my current favourite show. It's an action packed, emotional show about a Taxi service that helps take revenge on people who have wronged you. I love the team of misfits working for the taxi service but also the bigger storyline of organ harvesting and a lot of shady stuff going around? We have yet to know all the details but it is keeping me glued, wanting more. JoHoon as Kim DoGi plays a great role where he has to blend in as multiple people, and there is so much nuance to every pretend character he plays in the show. It also really makes your blood boil but ends with a great sense of justice. 

Doom at Your Service

I am so so excited to see BoYoung back on my screen, I have missed her cheekiness. Here she plays a girl whose luck has run out and wishes for the world to end on a very bad day for Doom, literal human form of destruction to hear the wish and find her. An enemies to lovers fantasy? Sign me up! The chemistry is already absolutely off the roofs and its my first time seeing InGuk and I really love this dark character he plays! There's also TaeOh but so far, he's got a smaller role but I am excited to see how this story unfolds. So far, the cinematography is wonderful and I love the OST. We need more of the leads, they are so so good together. If you love angsty bickering romances, you are bound to love it. 

Youth of May

A show that I know will emotionally haunt me but I am ready. Set in 1980s during the Gwangju uprising, we have DoHyun playing the sarcastic loverboy HeeTae and MinSi his counterpart, the softspoken yet fierce nurse MyungHee. The first two episodes of slight happiness is already being torn away as their love cannot continue. The bigger story of the uprising, the fights, the rich vs poor narrative, all of it keeping you wanting to see more, rooting for the leads to have a happy ending. I also love the aesthetics of the drama, the colors, the costumes, the set. Everything is so well done down to the last detail. 

Move to Heaven

Get the tissues ready because this is a major tear jerker from start to finish. I binged this all in one day and cried in every single episode. We have JunSang playing HanGuru, a 20 year old with Aspergers who works as a trauma cleaner, cleaning after dead people, who has just come in guardianship with the uncle he has never met, played by JoHoon. We see a whole different persona to his Taxi Driver self here. There's also Guru's best friend and neighbour Namu who is wary of the uncle at first but these three form an interesting bond. When I tell you it will make you cry, I mean big crocodile tears. It's also so heartwarming the way grief is talked about in this show. It's on Netflix so go binge it, right now. 

So I Married an Anti-Fan

I am watching this show for one and one reason only. Miss SooYoung of Girls Generation. She plays an antifan who has to live with the kpop idol she hates. I love a good enemies to lovers and also I love that everything else on this list is very emotional and daunting and sad while this is really funny and sweet. It's always good to have a nice fun show that you can watch without thinking too much and just laugh around. 

Are you watching any of these new shows?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I try to reply to every comment personally. Have a good day!