Wednesday, January 4, 2023

5 New Shows to Watch This January

This month, I only have one Kdrama recommendation for you, which is only there for one reason (you'll find out) but there are a few other exciting dramas to keep you entertained. 

Agency


The main reason this Kdrama caught my eye was because it's set in an Ad agency, very Mad Men vibes. I work in marketing so I'm already intrigued, and there are a few notable faces, Lee Bo Young (of Mine) takes the lead as the female head of the agency in a cut throat industry, along with Son Na Eun (Ghost Doctor). 

Premiere Date: 7 January

No. of Episodes: 16, twice a week

Anne Rice's Mayfair Witches



With Alexandra Daddario at the helm, I'm so excited for this. The thing with me is that I love anything witchy, but I'm also very averse to horror, but it looks like something I can handle. She plays a neurosurgeon who discovers that she is the unlikely heir to a family of witches, and must deal with things that has been haunting her family for years. 

Premiere Date: 8 January

No. of Episodes: 8, once a week

Koala Man


This animated show from the creators of Rick and Morty, is sure to bring a lot of laughs. I'm not a particular fan of this animation style but I do love the humor! Aussie humor is something I'm getting used to, and this show is going to defo help. It follows a family father who lives a not-so-secret identity as the titular hero who possesses a burning passion to snuff out petty crime. There's a lot at stake here, and Koala Man is here to save the day!

Premiere Date: 9 January

No. of Episodes: 8, all binge-ready

Accused



This is giving me Law & Order meets Lie to Me vibes and I enjoy episodic shows a lot. I know it's going to make me feel emotional. The show revolves around ordinary people getting caught up in extraordinary situations, where one wrong turn leads to another, until it's too late to turn back. The cast lineup is very promising including Abigail Breslin, Rachel Bilson, and Molly Parker to name a few. 

Premiere Date: 22 January

No. of Episodes: 15, 2 episodes a week

Shrinking


Harrison Ford stars as Dr. Phil Rhodes, a grieving therapist who starts to tell his clients exactly what he thinks. Ignoring his training and ethics, he finds himself making huge changes to people's lives - including his own. There's not a lot more information about this but with a cast including Ford, Jason Segel, and Christa Miller, I think we have a show that will make us root for the characters and find a little breakthrough of our own!

Premiere Date: 27 January

No. of Episodes: 10, once a week

What shows are you excited for this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I try to reply to every comment personally. Have a good day!