Wednesday, September 2, 2015

August in a Nutshell

I have been pretty lazy/busy/demotivated the last couple months; honestly I don't even know how fast this year seems to be going. It's crazy. August was a pretty busy month, far more than any other this year.

It started with BOOKUBEATHON which is a week long read-a-thon hosted by a Booktuber named Ariel Bissett (the book part of Youtube) and it was my first time taking part in a reading marathon so I was very excited.


You can check all about my BOOKTUBE experience from the video above. It was quite overwhelming. I also broke my kindle so that's pretty sad. The other exciting thing that happened in August was Moodhu Maakandu Fest 2015 which is a marine festival hosted by IUCN on AA.Ukulhas and it was my first time visiting the island. I was volunteering to help with the festival and the three days went by in a breeze! It was seriously so much fun and hard work and it was right in the last 3 days of BOOKTUBEATHON so I couldn't read that much either.



I also had exams, lots of classes, anxiety over how completely crazy the roads are (I'm still a very amateur bike rider) and lots of general fear of everything. It was not cool. On the bright side, I saw Ant Man (Paul Rudd was amazing) and had a lot of fun with friends, went on picnics, had book club meetings and a very fun-filled month!



I'm going into September with lots of energy and inspiration; hopefully this will be a brilliant month as well. Happy September y'all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I try to reply to every comment personally. Have a good day!