Monday, October 22, 2018

Green Tea, Honey and Lemon Face Mask

This year I have turned into an avid face-masker. I have four different types of masks including clay masks, peel off ones, sheet masks and my absolute favourite is the compressed mask sheets that I can use with anything. 

A couple months ago, I discovered compressed face masks and ordered about 50 of them in bulk from Aliexpress (which is my guilty pleasure aahh), and then my friend also got me some on a trip abroad quoting that "you're the only one who uses this stuff" so more masks for me, yay!

I have tried several DIY concoctions with the mask because it's essentially just a compressed sheet that you dip in any cream or liquid and watch it become an instant sheet mask. The ones I have tried include toners, serums and googling what products go together to create a mask that helps decrease the puffiness and tiredness from my face. After a bunch of failed attempts and some mild successes, I finally found something that works for me and uses ingredients that I already have around, green tea, honey and lemon juice. The process is very simple. 

You need the three main ingredients. Green tea (I'm using the loose leaf sachets that a friend gave) honey and lemon juice.You can use a fresh lemon and squeeze it, which works best but I had processed lemon juice so went with it. 
First step is to steep some green tea. I poured half a pack worth of green tea leaves into half a cup of water, let it steep for 3 minutes. 
After that, I strained off the leaves and added a spoonful of honey. You can add more but it makes the mask more sticky which I don't like. 
Stir in the honey well and then add two spoonfuls of lemon juice. If you're using a fresh lemon, half a lemon would be great. 
Stir everything together and let it cool. You can use it at room temperature or a bit cold. I like to keep it in the fridge for about half an hour, and apply it a bit cold because it reduces the puffiness. Now you're ready to see the magic happen. This is my favourite part. Just plop the compressed mask into the cup and watch as it gets bigger, voila. 
Squeeze out a bit if there's too much liquid and put on your face for 10-15 minutes, you'll know when the mask is almost dry that it's time to take out. There should be enough for at least 2 more uses so I keep it in the fridge and use it every 2 days. 

This is perfect to make on the weekend so you have it for use on weekdays when you really need some good me-time to watch half an episode or read a bit while you treat your face!

2 comments:

  1. I really like your writing style, good information,
    appreciate it for putting up :D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post once again. I am looking forward for your next post=)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I try to reply to every comment personally. Have a good day!