Monday, February 8, 2021

January 2021 in a Nutshell

Last month was exciting with lots of fun adventures but at the same time, had its downs. There were some bad days but there were more good days that definitely made up for the sad. 

Foodventures



I have such an unhealthy relationship with food, so I'm trying to appreciate it more by diving into different types of food and trying to enjoy every last bite. I tried a few dishes for the first time, like bibimbap from Blood Orange, Soba noodles from Secret Recipe, and this specific churros from a random churro place that I can't seem to remember now but it was really good. 

Celebrations

Mick's birthday came during the month and we threw her a small party with just four of her friends. After a whole year of not meeting anyone besides the family, I think she had a good time with her friends and mom made this sweet dessert table set up inspired by her favourite anime of the moment. 

Crafting



I love making stuff, which should be no surprise at this point considering I make and sell jewelry and cards! My cousin Noor won Top Model Maldives 2020 which was so big for her! I'm so proud of how far she's come and all her hard work! So I made her a lil gift for her congratulatory party. 

I also made these cherry earrings that I'm very proud of. I love creating, it's such a soothing process and if I'm not being creative, I don't feel myself. I also made new year gifts for my friends and there was a lot of creative energy last month!
I also created a DND Journal. My previous set up was not working and I knew I needed to change the system that works for me, so inspired by multiple tiktoks and youtube videos, I made a journal that acts both as a note taking system that also has all details of my character that I would need! So far, it's working really well. 

Making new friends

I'm scared of all living things so befreinding a cat is a big deal. This lil guy Butters, is my friend's newest cat and he's so adorable and friendly but his other cat Fieval is still my main cat friendo!

Evermore!

I did a full on Evermore listen during January and it was everything. I think I love this album just as much as Folklore, perhaps maybe even more? There is not a single skip and every single song is so beautiful, lyrically and musically. I also finally got my album so the sisters are now chilling in my favourites shelf. 

We read This is Going to Hurt by Adam Kay for our book club and discussed it (we all really loved it). The sisters and I played so many fun games on my phone, we really love song related games and 5 second games, and we even made some carfts together. Work and classes are as usual, so hectic but I'm looking forward to new students and to taking a small break soon!

Overall, I think January was a nice month and I had lots of great memories, hopefully this year is going to be nicer and I do want to take it as it comes and I look forward so much to February (my month!). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I try to reply to every comment personally. Have a good day!