Friday, February 5, 2021

Making New Year Gifts

Every year, I have this tradition of choosing 10 friends who really were there for me during the previous year (call it top 10 friends ahaha) and I make something special for them and give it. I had big plans for this year but it fell through so I decided to make some very late gifts. Last year, for a friend in quarantine, we sent a big sunshine box all full of yellow snacks and yellow being my favourite color, I had the idea to make smaller versions of it and call it packs of sunshine!

To make the packs, I painted stripes on paper and made a small pouch. I really do love the color yellow so much, it brightens everything and makes me so happy! To complete, I sealed it off with a doily and added their name and a small tag saying "a pack of sunshine".


As for the snacks, it was so much fun to go grocery shopping and shop for a specific color. Finding just the right kind of things that my friends would like and also new things for them to try! I also bought some cheese and realized it was a bad idea too late so now I have lots of cheese to eat by myself. I also bought teabags and decided to individually wrap it with some tea puns, which was so fun to make! 

For me, the point is to get something that will put a smile on their face and snacks are universally well loved! I would say, this was both quick and inexpensive and I had a fun time doing it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I try to reply to every comment personally. Have a good day!