Monday, October 11, 2021

Amina Publishing House Book Launching Event

Last week, Amina Publishing reached out to me with an invite to the release of their two new books and I was really looking forward to the event. I've never been to a book release party and tho I didn't know who else was going, I wasn't going to miss the chance to support them. I had previously purchased their first ever release A Medium Rare Heart by Shirneen (who is the author of one of the books being released as well) and tho I haven't fnished reading it, I have enjoyed several snippits of her poetry from the book. 


Yesterday's event was for the release of two very different, yet important books by women. First up, is This Journey Called Motherhood by Aileen Abdulla Latheef. When she talked about her book, it made me grateful for my mother. She has a lovely way with words which were inspiring and I am excited to read about her journey in motherhood so far. 


The second book by Shirneen called The One With The Blue Pages captured my heart, I ended up buying it right at the event (and got it signed by the author herself who was super lovely!). I really adore Shirneen's style of simplicity in writing. Her poems capture the raw emotion of surviving through the chaos. First look into the book shows the juxtraposition of the words with the black and white photos that accompany the pages which really sets the mood for reading. 



The event was very lovely, with Justice Shujoon as the cheif guest who gave a great speech about importance of publishing women's work. Each othe writers shared a bit of inspiration where their writing came from and it ended with Ms Amaal's very emotional speech that truly encompassed why we were all there. I had a lovely time and can't wait to properly dive into the books and experience it all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I try to reply to every comment personally. Have a good day!