Monday, September 27, 2021

Monday Playlist: Jubin Nautiyal

I haven't done a Monday playlist since 2016? That seems highly ridiculous. This Monday, let's look at a few songs from Jubin Nautiyal. His story of underdog wins is so heartwarming to see. He went up to 25th position in X Factor and was eliminated and today he's singing songs that are in hit movies and becoming most viewed songs. I truly adore his voice. Another thing that is truly Jubin is the way he takes old songs and remixes them in the most beautiful way where you don't lose the original song and it's appreciaiton of the original. It's very hard to choose which songs to include in this playlist but these are my absolute favourites. 

Meri Aashiqui 



Starting with the song that really put Jubin in my radar. Even before this I had loved so many of his song but I never saw him and then this song happened. I saw him first in this song and I didn't realize it was him until much later but this is where my love for Jubin truly started. This song has such a special place in my heart. I also love the original with Karisma Kapoor. 

Raatan Lambiyan




Everyone's current favourite beat from Shershaah is this gorgeous romantic ballad that is noteworthy not just for the vocals of Jubin but for its shayari as well. How lovely is it to fall in love and be overjoyed by the delights of the little things? This song makes my heart flutter. 

Lut Gaye



If a song can be said to encompass a year, this song is the song for this year. It took everything by storm and everyone was obsessed with this for MONTHS, me included. Jubin's mesmerizing voice and the visuals by none other than Emraan Hashimi had the entire South Asia singing Lut gaye hum toh pehle mulaaqaat mein! 

Bewafa Tera Masoon Chehra



This was my favourite song of last year. It took the spot so sudden with the way Jubin sang this absolutely gorgeous old song of betrayal. I also really love the video it goes so perfectly well with everything. My favourite line has got to be "khoobsurat bohot hai tu lekin, dil lagaane ke qaabil nahin hai" (loose translation: you are beyond gorgeous but not worth giving my heart to). That in my books is the harshest thing someone can tell someone. Also instead of saying I'm crying, he sings the rain is within my eyes (in Urdu it sounds so poetic truly) and I just can't stop praising this song in its entirety. 

Taaron Ke Sheher



Another super duper gorgeous song alongside Neha Kakkar. Their voices meld together for this lovely song that's a love confession so earnest. It has veyr sad undertones which are truly perfect to get lost to, especially on a cold rainy evening. I always smile whenever I hear this, the slow melody and the build up to the chorus remains close to my heartstrings. 

Dil Chahte Ho



This is probably the song that I truly knew I was going to know his voice anywhere. It's such a sad sad song (he does shine the brightest when he's singing sad songs) and his gorgeous voice has so much emotion, you can truly feel the seperation and the hurt in the voice, how does he do it? I will pretend I'm heartbroken and sing this on long taxi rides. 

Khushi Jab Bhi



This song is for when you're in LOVE LOVE. Like it's so cheerful and momentous, perfectly encapsualting the feelings of warmth you feel when your heart flutters for a person and you want to be where they are, you want to breathe the air they do and everything reminds you of them. You cannot listen to this song without having a big smile plastered on your face!

I could go on and on about his songs but these are select few that always makes me smile and make my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I try to reply to every comment personally. Have a good day!