Monday, November 8, 2021

5 New KDramas to Catch Up On - Nov 2021

 I did a similar post last May, and this month is very very heavy on so many new kdramas so let's get started! 

Jirisan

The much awaited Cliffhanger just started a few weeks ago and it is as bone chilling and star studded as expected. Our queen Jun Ji Hyun (Legend of the Blue Sea, My Love From the Star) is back in a role unlike any other she has played before as a star mountain ranger for the Mount Jirisan. A rookie joins their troop in search of missing hikers, dead bodies, lottery tickets (?) and more in this fantasy take on a thrilling ride. 

Plus, if you're a BTS fan, you will love Jin's song in the soundtrack called Yours which is hauntingly beautiful!

The King's Affection

To be honest, I'm not much into sagueks but Rowoon is in it, and I love him so I started and he's such a loving himbo in this. I'm mostly in love with the way Park EunBin carries herself as the crown prince in disguise. Plus, there is a big second lead syndrome as I love the second lead in this, perhaps as much as I love Rowoon's character. The first two episodes set the storyline perfectly putting a little childhood love story between the leads. Our crown prince must not let anyone find out she's a girl and should navigate the politics and royal affairs while trying to stay true to herself, a big task. 

The cinematography is so wonderful too, I just want to live in countryside Joseon. 

Work Later, Drink Now

In a sea of thrillers and deception, we have a short funny show about three ladies in their 30s who love drinking and living their life. I am in it mostly for Siwon but I can't help but love the three ladies and their friendship and mishaps so much. It's such a no nonsense show because there isn't much to keep track of and puts a smile on your face. 

Inspector Koo

This show is hailed as being loosely based on Killing Eve (I can't tell ebcause I haven't watched the show) and what I love most about it is the three ladies and their sidekick men. We have a mysterious serial killer K who is being hunted by our lead Inspector Koo. In a cat and mouse game, there's much to see and so much more at play for our main characters, who are all morally gray. I do love the crazy characters and how the storyline is progressing so fast while we get to know each of them. 

Plus, Santa, the sidekick of our main character is none othe than Baek Sugn Chul who was in How to be Thirty! I wanna know more about his story!

Happiness

TBH, I'm not that much into zombie shows but I needed to see this because of HyungShik (Strong Woman Do Bong Soon) and I'm still on the fence because I do love the main leads but I'm not that engaged in the zombie storyline yet. Set in a post COVID world, this show shows a new deadly infection that turns humans into flesh eating zombies unable to control themselves. Our main characters work in the police and get into a marriage of convenience for an apartment unit where upperclass and lowerclass lives are as seperate as day and night but when the virus spreads, what will happen? It's definitely exciting but I need more romance between the leads ahaha. Only two episodes in, so we can't say much yet. 

Are you watching any of these new shows?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I try to reply to every comment personally. Have a good day!