Sunday, June 22, 2014

How to Make Letter Sets


Ever since starting snail-mailing I've seen so many cute Instagram pictures of people with so pretty letter sets I get so jealous because it's very hard to find nice stationery items in Maldives so I was inspired by some photos to make my own stationery and it looked quite good plus it was so easy to make. Here's how to make your own stationery. 


What you'll need: letter paper (or any kind of light paper you want to write letter on), glitter foam, hard colour paper, double tape, scissors, glue (optional), hole puncher, washi tape of any theme you want. 

I wanted to have a theme of silver and blue so I chose things that would match with that theme.


Step 1: Take you letter paper and use washi-tape to decorate it however you want. I chose to so a bold design on top and to lightly put washi around the bottom.


Step 2 and 3: Cute a heart from the glitter foam and stick it on the top. This will give the letter more definition and make it look super cute. 


Step 4: If you want to decorate the other side too use the same washi tape to create even more designs. I didn't like this side as much as the front.


Step 5: I love making little tags that go along with the stationery. Cut little tags using your hard paper into tag shapes and use washi tape to decorate the front of the tags.


Step 6: Punch a hole in the tags and if you want you can even use ribbon to decorate and put through the hole but I left it just like that.


Step 7: This is optional but I also decorated the envelope to go with it. How cute is the envelope? AHH. 

It's so easy to make personalized stationery and if you can't find washi tape, you can instead use some pretty ribbon, or colour/patterned paper or use just about anything.

PS very sorry for the quality of the pictures. I'm still trying to use my phone and figuring out how to take good pictures plus Hipster Sister is my photographer and she says she has a shaky hand problem. 

I hope you enjoyed this. I have made some more stationery and I'm so excited to make even more! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I try to reply to every comment personally. Have a good day!