Monday, April 8, 2013

Day 3: Our aspirations are wrapped up in books

Wow, I talk about books a lot, and I have several times talked about my favourite book of all times (apart from the Holy Quran of course), To Kill a Mockingbird. It's beautiful, haunting and a literary masterpiece.
Taking about a favourite book is really hard, it's like asking a mother whom her favourite child is, and while most mothers have one, they would never admit it. haha
Let's just say I've enjoyed this one book recently, called If This Isn't Paradise, I Want My Money Back. It was an e-book that I took just because it had a pretty cover (yes, I judge books by it's cover, it's name, it's authors name, etc. I'm a lookist.) and while it was difficult tor read (because of the British English curse words. I can't just bring myself to think that Shite is a curse word. It sounds too pristine.) but I managed to read it within a few weeks.
image credits
I thought the book was nicely written. Charlotte is in the afterlife, or a coma or something and her life is all messed up and she gets a chance to go back as an angel to her friends and ex boyfriend. She has angelic powers that she uses to make her friends lives better and finds out things about people's lives that she didn't. It was written in a very fun, easy to read kind of way with lots of lists (which I obviously loved). The characters were explained in detail but I didn't like some parts which were very fast paces while others dragged on and on. Lots of unnecessarily detail followed some parts as well, but overall, it was a fun read.

Short Summary: Charlotte is in a coma after a terrible car accident and she gets a chance enroll in an angel program and come back to earth as an angel to her ex boyfriend James whom she hates. She tries to make James' life miserable while finding out truths about herself while helping her best friend Fiona, her sister Kate and her mother. In the end, Charlotte is the one whose angel she must depend on.

Fav Character: Kate. I thought she was very very sophisticated and she is very much like me. While I do like Charlotte and she does these things that I would do, I felt she was more of a doormat and that's something I don't like in charcaters, pr people.

Verdict: A simple read to enjoy on a fine Sunday
Rating: 3/5

If you could only read one book for the rest of your life, which would it be?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I try to reply to every comment personally. Have a good day!