Wednesday, July 31, 2019

July Favourites

It's been a crazy busy month, perhaps the busiest I've had this year and I was pretty much drowning in work and more work with back to back classes. I barely had any time to relax but I did a LOT of stress shopping so it was hard to limit this to just 10 things but here we go. 
Shaviyani Bag from Thakethi | I've been wanting this bag for a while but didn't have an excuse to buy a tote until I started a new job and needed a work tote to carry stuff like my water bottle (I hate single use plastics at work and am trying my hardest to not use them) and other tidbits. These are great quality (but I did have my mom reinforce the straps just for extra security) and I love the ochre yellow colour of it. It's a great size plus, shaviyani for my name! I got this at Toddy. 
Bamboo Toothbrush by Zero Waste | I'm very into the zero waste lifestyle (it's still a LONG LONG way to go but I like making small changes) and I changed into this bamboo toothbrush and have been using it. I love how soft the bristles are and the wood texture is interesting. Definitely going to keep using these! 

Number Stamp Set from Doodle | This was a bit expensive for a stamp set and I could get a cheaper one at Aliexpress but it was calling my name and I had to get it. I've been using it a lot and love how big they are. Perfect for weekly bujo pages. There were a bunch more stamps, I gave some to Mick. 
Hair Repair Essence from Ximivogue | If you don't already know, I am high-key obsessed with this store and own WAY TOO MUCH from them. A staff there suggested this to my friend Dhum and after she used and raved about it, I bought it and I agree. I love how good it makes my hair look and feel and it's just great to give some shine and moisture to your hair in between washes. I live by this now. It was also very inexpensive!
Wonder by RJ Palacio, from Kiah's | This is one of my favourite books of all time and I did have the blue cover that I gave away some months ago so I needed another copy to love and of course I had to pick the ochre yellow cover, it's absolutely gorgeous. It also has the additional Julian chapters which I haven't read yet but will get to at some point. 

Yesterday I was the Moon by Noor Unnahar from Kiah's | I've been following the twins for a while, absolutely obsessed with their art and poetry and life so imagine my surprise when I went to Kiah's pop-up shop and saw this, I immediately snatched it. I am still in disbelief that I got this book right here. I've started to very slowly read it because I want to take my time and I know I will LOVE this book. The cover is also absolutely gorgeous. 
Tree trunk-ish coaster | I bought this to take to my new job but then decided to use my old coaster so I kept it to use at home and it's such a great coaster, it is adorable and makes me feel very fancy using it. I bought it off a random party store that I can't remember the name of. 

Tissues from Ximivogue | This came in a pack of 18 for just 37 so what a steal. I love the small size so it's very compact for small bags and it's very absorbent. I will definitely keep stocking this up, it's a favourite. 
Pear Sheet Mask from Ximivogue | Another favourite that I purchased more because it's so good. A pack of 3 for 53 is such a steal considering the quality of it and also it's a mask that fits your face! You can make it almost invisible, oh my god. So refreshing and moisturizing, another favourite I will keep re-buying. I also got the apple version to try out. 

Accessories | I bought the pack of 3 hair clips from Ximivogue which I've been loving and wearing a lot. The hair clip trend is something I am very into. These are so easy to clip into my hijabs and take any look up a notch. The pink clay ring is from my paper creations, that I got off a fair. It was too cute not to buy and I've been wearing it a lot. The super tiny ring is from this store called Fattaru in Lily Magu, which has great bags and accessories that are super trendy. It's a mid-finger ring that's so dainty it's perfect for everyday wear. 

That's just a few favourites I can choose, there are probably more ahaha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I try to reply to every comment personally. Have a good day!