Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Currently: September

This month isn't that big on entertainment because I've been so busy for the past few months and really haven't had time dedicated towards entertainment. Life, eh. Even with the things going on, I managed to keep myself entertained whenever and wherever I can. 


Hometown Cha Cha Cha S1 | This is my current obsession. You know I've been talking about it non stop here and also on twitter and instagram. It's truly such a healing show that is so warm and perfect for the right now. I love Kim SeonHo and Shin MinAh's Chemistry and all the residents of Gongjin. A must-watch for your soul indeed. 

The Uncanny Countrer S1 | This is another Kdrama I started when it was airing but could not keep up so I'm trying to finish it now. It's an absolute gem because it's a family show about a group of misfit counters who fight off evil spirits. I love that the main charcters are so different and it brings so much emotion. SoMun is an amazing protagonist and I definitely love the underdog wins storyline here. It does get a bit dark but the light always shines through. 

Mimi | This is the latest film I watched and I cried through it. Kriti Sanon's performance was stellar but the person who shined the most was Pankaj Tripathi! He truly brought comedy into this otherwise emotional movie. The side characters are so lovely and I really enjoyed the soundtrack as well. An overall entertaining movie! 

The Reading List by Sara Nisha Adams | I picked this just because of the title. A book about books and reading? Sign Me Up! So far, this is turning out to be a lovely read with a wide array of characters all of whom are connected through a mysterious reading list. As the characters read these books on the list and their lives get intertwined, we see how the books shape their lives. So truly lovely and it's so easy to read too! I'm alreadt halfway through and have been thoroughly enjoying the breezy read. 

Of Curses and Kisses by Sandhya Menon | Anything Ms Menon writes, I will read. I love the South Asian rep she brings into the book industry with YA heroines we can see ourselves in. I've started this book a few times and finally got around to reading a bit more than just the first few pages. It's a Beauty and the Beast Retelling set in a boarding school with an Indian Princess and a British Prince so it's got the kind of Princess Diaries vibes going too. So far, I really love Princess Jaya, she is fierce and as eldest daughter I relate to her so much. 

Shershaah Soundtrack | I love almost all of the songs in this movie. If I had to pick a fav, it definitely will be Raatan Lambiyan. You guys already know I am soft for Jubin's vibrant voice and this song is such a lovely celebration of first love. Ranjhha and Kabhi Tumhe are also so special with B. Praak and Darshan's melodic voices. Watch me put this on repeat-peat. 

What's keeping you entertained?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I try to reply to every comment personally. Have a good day!