Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Kdramas on Netflix - What to Watch this September

Yes, my blog is slowly turning into a kdrama wasteland and I am completely okay with it because so is my heart! Here is a list of Kdramas on netflix you should check out (and one's you can skip)! Riz (the eponymous namesake make up artist whom I adore) suggested I do one and one day maybe I'll do an exhaustive list of all Netflix Kdramas but for now, let's start with just five to make things easier (and watchable for you too). I'm planning to make this into a series so we will see how that goes. 

Currently ongoing - Hometown Cha Cha Cha (2021)

If you haven't read my very extensive blog post about the premier watch of Hometown Cha Cha Cha, please do HERE and you'll see why this drama currently had my entire heart. 

Cast: Shin MinAh as Yoon HyeJin (Gumiho from My Girlfriend is a Gumiho), Kim SeonHo as Hong DooShik (Han JiPyung from Start Up) , Lee SangYi as Ji SungHyun (Lee SooChan from Record of Youth)

Plot: A dentist from Seoul starts a new dental practice at a seaside town where she meets a man who seems to be doing an array of jobs. In a fish-out-of-water situation, we have the dentist at odds with the rest of the townfolk, most of whom are elderly. 

Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Reason to watch: Kim SeonHo and Shin MinAh's chemistry, their dimples, and the GORGEOUS seaside views!

Recent one - Into the Ring (2020)

This was my fav watch of last year. Truly a marvelous drama and absolutely unexpected. 

Cast: Nana as Goo SeRa (Do HyunJin of Kill It) and Park SungHoon as Seo GongMyung (Seo InWoo of Psychopath Diary)

Plot: A woman with odd jobs gets tired of her jobs and decided to apply to become a Council Member because of the money and perks and comes face to face with a hard working civil servant. A truly underdog story with an array of lovable characters. 

Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Reason to watch: The super healthy relationship between SeRa and Gong Myung. NO LOVE TRIANGLES. Inspirational because of the underdog wins story!

Throwback into the past - Fight for My Way (2017)

One of the best sports genre shows ever, and I'm saying this as someone who truly loathes sports. 

Cast: Park SeoJoon as Ko Dongman (Does he really need an explanation? He's in Marvel now!), Kim JiWon as Choi AeRa (TanYa of Arthdal Chronicles), Ahn JaeHong as Kim JooMan (Son BeonSoo of Be Melodramatic)  and Song HaYoon as Baek SolHee (Joo KiBeum of Devilish Joy)

Plot: Four childhood best friends work towards their dreams. A taekwondo enthusiast works to become an athelete, a future presenter works to find her footing in the world of TV anchoring and two college sweethearts rethink their relationship. 

Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Reason to watch: Aegyo. Aera is the queen of aegyo. Friends to lovers arc. Lots of inspiring moments.

What to Skip - To All The Guys Who Loved Me (2020)

I was really excited for this show because I love JangEum and the idea of three different timelines sounded really good and for the most part I really loved the two previous era, the present no so much! 

Cast: Hwang JangEum as Seo HyunJoo (Kim HyeJin in She Was Pretty), Yoon HyunMin as HwangJiWoo (Holo in My Holo Love), and Seo JiHoon as Park DoGyum (Kim Geum of Mama Fairy and the Wood Cutter)

Plot: Three different timelines, same love, same two people. A man tries to convince a lady to marry her saying they were married in a previous life. 

Rating: ⭐⭐

Reason to Skip: Some very toxic behaviour my both the male lead and the second lead. Not even our gorgeous and talented JangEum could save this. Miscommunication. I hate miscommunication so much. 

What to look forward to - Squid Game (2021)

A survival of the fittest game. Two friends go in because of two different reasons. I'm expecting a lot of drama and emotions from this. Not to mention this sounds like an adult hunger games and I am ready!

Cast: Lee JungJae as KiHun (Jang TaeJoon of Chief of Staff), Park HaeSoo as SangWoo (Kim JeHyuk of Prison Playbook), Heo SangTae as DukSu (Lee ChangJin of Beyond Evil) and Wi HaJoon as JoonHu (Ji SeoJoon of Romance is a Bonus Book)

Plot: A mysterious survival game with a 40 billion prize at the end. Two friends enter. Can they both make it? What is this game?

Reason to watch: HaJoon. After seeing him in 18 again, I am excited for his performance. The Mystery. Little is known about Squid Game. 

Which dramas on netflix piques your interest?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I try to reply to every comment personally. Have a good day!