Sunday, July 24, 2011

Inspirational Women: Princess Diana

Ever since I remember, I always adored her. I was living back in Mom’s island when I was around 5 years f age and I had a copy of the newspaper from the day she died, along with the kind of supplements Haveeru used to do back then. I still have the 1992 (the year I was born ) Calendar featuring her, and whenever I go back to my old room, I’d spend hours just looking at the lovely pictures, re reading the newspaper and the supplement.
image credits
It was rather peculiar. Everyone my age was obsessing over the Disney princesses. And there I was. I never knew her, but every time I looked at the calendar, even to this day, I feel sad, for the world lost a generous and kindhearted woman.
She is an example of a graceful person, who loved people genuinely. I remember, wanting to be like her when I grew up. I wanted to be strong like her, and I wanted to be sophisticated. Classy.
After the recent royal marriage, there has been lots of buzz going around how Kate is a lot like her. But even Kate doesn’t have that charm, that kind face. I never really cared for the royal family except Diana.

2 comments:

  1. I love her, I respect her with all my heart. She's the best example of how a woman should be. :) Miss her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed. She's a wonderful person.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I try to reply to every comment personally. Have a good day!