DISCLAIMER: I DON’T REALLY KNOW THE SOCIAL SCENE HERE. IT’S JUST MY VERSION OF THE EVENTS WHICH MAY DIFFER, AND YES I AM YELLING AS I WRITE THIS.
I am not much of a going out for coffee person, but I do go out and hangout with people, and we always end up going to eat submarines, visiting the art gallery and long walks near Artificial Beach. I guess it’s because I don’t really know where are the best places to hang out, or maybe just maybe there aren’t that many versatile things to do out in Male’.
I mean, for instance let’s list out the things I’d like to do out with my friends but haven’t done either because it’s not available here, or not the norm, or because I’m living under a rock most of the time hanging out with Partick.
- Making a lemonade stand with my sister and selling lemonade (My sisters are my friends too, since they give me chocolate. Anyone who gives me chocolate is instantly my friend!)
- Bowling without Justin Bieber and his crew ruining our night with their dancing.
- Playing foosball/billiard/dart in a place that also has coffee
- going out on a picnic out on a fine day (The kins where you dress up in cute boots and take a picnic basket with sandwiches, and eat them in a picnic mat in the grass where the wind blows and birds are chirping)
- go to a book reading where a local author reads his book and we get to meet intellectual people and writers and poets
- local concerts of bands that does not play heavy metal music
- going to a movie on the evening (with popcorn)
- go to a fair where you get to win a bear that says“I love you beary much” through the showing of ring tossing ability
- going to a charity fashion show
- shopping at flea markets/garage sales s
- have a food fight
- go karaoke-ing
- having water balloon fights on the road
- play laser tag
I realize some of this are extremely movie-ish (that’s where you get the inspiration, duh!) but wouldn’t it be fun? So please tell me which of these things are actually available here? Perhaps I just need to go out and do them!
For now, I go out and buy birthday cakes for no reason, and eat them. I’m seizing the moment.