Monday, January 20, 2014

Monday Playlist: Power Songs

I haven't actually gotten any new music since last October I think. The only new things are the ones that my friend Abe send me most of which is Miley and Tay, since I am a huge Swiftie and Smiler. Here are some songs I have been playing non-stop.

Sweeter than Fiction - Tay
This song is absolutely amazing. I cannot wait to watch One Chance. Is it me or does Tay outdo herself with each new song. I feel like this song is my life, even though nothing happening in this song resembles my life anyway. This life is indeed sweeter than fiction.

Adore You - Miles
Newest favourite song. This girl can sing! Not really a fan of the music video but the song is just brilliant. So much emotion, especially the part about where she asks him are you listening? I have heard her songs sings 7 Things and she has come so far with her music. Sometimes one can only wish that you can love someone more than the other.



Can't Hold Us - Macklemore ft Ryan Lewis
The chorus of this song is always on my mind the minute I wake up every morning. It's just so uplifting and I just want to go do something like change the world every time I hear it. Like the ceiling can't hold us. Also, do check the version that Sophia Grace sang, that girl is going places, she is just so precious.

I Think I Love You - Byul
From the OST of Full House, this song just captivated me the moment I hear in the series so I found it and have been loving it ever since. This is also possibly the only Korean song (besides Psy songs) that I have and even though I don't know half the things they are saying, I can't stop listening to it. It's so mellow and romantic and beautiful!

Fuckin' Perfect - Pink
This girl is brilliant, and she always sings very powerful songs that make you think twice. This song is for all those who are insecure and feel like nothing. Sometimes we all do, and when I feel insecure, I always listen to this song and it helps. Pink can convince anyone.


 Kanbalun - Unoosha
I loved the original One Billion Rising one, and I love this version even more because it's in Dhivehi and it's such a powerful, interesting, uplifting song! We danced in the flash mob last year and even the start of the month, we had the girls dance to this and they did a wonderful job. Kiddy's amazing vocals bring all the emotion making this song just brilliant all around. Also, so many familiar faces in the video, ahaha.

A Well Respected Man - The Kinks
I don't remember where I heard this song, probably from a movie or a TV series but the moment I did, I had to find out what it was. It's basically just me, except it's about a man. Don't you just love finding old songs and loving them so much?

2 comments:

  1. Hmm. I'm getting addicted to Adore You.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha, I can imagine why. :P It is a beautiful song. :)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I try to reply to every comment personally. Have a good day!