Monday, April 26, 2010

Addictions

As people say, all types of addictions are bad. They are like obsessions. But I disagree. Some addictions are good depending on how you use it. Me, I’m a cokeaholic, chocoholic, and a shopaholic. I’m also addicted to MSN at certain seasons, like this season, and I also have a gaming addiction. But, unlike other people I don’t base my life on them.
image credits
My life, is based on me. Yes, sometimes I have this shopping mania, and go around shopping till I drop, but I also have a habit of saving. Even though mom believes that half the things I buy are useless, I have a use for them. So, in general, I am a neutral person, and what I do at one point depends mostly on my mood. I am not exactly a rebel, nor a follower, but at times when I feel like I need to rebel, I break all the rules. Some of these times I’ve regretted my decisions but I always stick to myself. Peer pressure does affect me, but only when I let it affect me. I  believe that no one can make/break your day unless you let them.
You let people ruin everything for you, and later blame them. Of course they are to be blames, so are you, for letting them. Don't be dependent/interdependent.
Live life the way you want to, cos you only  have one life, and its fairer.
I know, that was babble. I’ve had some time to realize some of the best things in life. the things that make me happy. Like seeing gummy bears in a store, little flowers on the sidewalk,strangers walking down the road smiling, and birds chirping.  Let the nature motivate you. Let whatever happens be a lesson. Stop thinking in the box. Take that box and sell it, crush it, put your shoes in it, or make a photo frame out of it. Think outside the box. Let your imagination run wild. Think of dinosaurs playing dodge ball, little girls riding forklifts, or even teapots talking. People might think you're crazy. Don’t let them stop you. It’s not your fault their life’s BORING!
Don’t make your life boring.

5 comments:

  1. Interesting read. I particularly came across these lines, "Let the nature motivate you. Let whatever happens be a lesson. Stop thinking in the box. Take that box and sell it, crush it, put your shoes in it, or make a photo frame out of it. Think outside the box. Let your imagination run wild. Think of dinosaurs playing dodge ball, little girls riding forklifts, or even teapots talking. People might think you're crazy. Don’t let them stop you. It’s not your fault their life’s BORING!"

    You've certainly given a great message!

    ReplyDelete
  2. are you saying that you are still a virgin? wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @genesis, Thankyou. I'm glad you could find something likeable. (=

    @Anony, I have no idea how you could come to that conclusion by reading this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very true.... some addictions are great .... It turns out to be a great companion ..... There was a time that Fantasizing was my addiction (not typical one sided teenage fantasies :P)... that gave me peace ... People called me a "daydreamer" but I never cared ... I enjoyed every moment of it .... Like you I have list of addictions which I do always feel great about ...... Reading, MSN (of course seasonal), movies (again seasonal) etc .......

    Great piece of writing girl .... truly inspirational ....

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Shahiq, Of course. I'm a huge day dreamer too, and most people have gotten to the idea, so they don' think I'm the crazy one. LOL
    and thankyou

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I try to reply to every comment personally. Have a good day!