Tuesday, August 13, 2013

May the odds be ever in your favor

I am a major fan! Even before I laid eyes on the first book, I knew I was going to love it, so I bought a mockingjay necklace in advance. Little did I know how big an impact the mockingjay would be. The books were amazing. I had such a great time reading it all. 

image credits
The first book was clearly the best. Mostly because I didn't know what was going to happen. I read it through a fair, I read it in the bus, I read it while working, I read it while eating and even while tweeting. Every chapter end was my favourite. Twist after twist, the Hunger Games became a favourite overnight. 
Then I could not wait and wikipedia-d everything so I knew what was going to happen. Why do I spoil these things for myself? AHH! 

Catching Fire was also amazeballs, but I already knew what was going to happen. The surprise came by when the end came. I feel like all the books are rushed, this one especially. I had to read the ending twice to know what was happening. I cannot wait for the movie to come out! The 75th Hunger Games are definitely a revolution. 

Mockinjay's not exactly my favourite book and some parts were a bit boring but I stayed with them and the plot twists were less than what I expected. What happened Peeta was definitely the most tragic but I kinda likes the ending. At times I felt like Maldives had quite a lot in common with Panem. 

Overall, three great books and amazing adventures. A special thanks to my friend Abe who let me borrow his Hunger Games collection. He is seriously the most amazing friend. Also ladies, I think he's single! ;)

Have you read the Hunger Games books? Which one was your favourite? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I try to reply to every comment personally. Have a good day!