Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Little Things

I am a big fan of little things. I'm a noticer, maybe not of people but of things, of nature, of shoes. (you know that was coming, ha!) I walk a lot (when you don't own a bicycle and love the environment then there aren't much choices but to walk everywhere) and often I walk the same roads but everyday there are new things to find which amazes me so much. Seriously, one road - it changes a lot everyday but it still stays the same and that just blows my mind. 

When I walk down Majeedhee Magu, I notice the little plants (weed-lings mainly) that just spruce up in the sidewalk reminding us that nature can just surprise us in so many ways. Then in this one road that I so often take, there is this house that seems to be abandoned, it's called Comrade and that just makes me smile. Every single day I just have to look at that house and that makes me so happy it's insane! It started when I was reading The Time Travelers Wife and there's the mention of the word Comrade, I can't even remember who or in what context but ever since then, that house is a constant reminder of the story and how I was so happy when reading it. Ugh, I know it's probably just me. 

image credits
Then there's the whole rush. People rushing everywhere in their fancy cars and bikes, their fancy heels and sneakers always running, always rushing to get to the next minute, to get somewhere and I'm just in the middle of all this blurry rush looking at the sky at the colours of the sunset in between the buildings, looking at how beautiful the lights of the vehicles look when reflected in the puddles on the road. I just can't fathom how people don't see these things. How can you not be inspired? That texture of the tree on the second street that I pass by, the chipped paint on the fourth building to the right and the dusty car that is always parked next to it. It all tells a story. If these things can talk, they would have more interesting stories than you and I. 

Maybe I'm just being all cheesy and mushy and sentimental about nature but today I woke up and thought about death. How we are so rushing to get everything we want, we hardly think about death. It scares me how close we are to it, the mystery of it all but it's also a reminder of who we are, of what we have become. 
Maybe we all don't have all the time that we think we do. Maybe we all just need to notice the little things, mend broken relationships and keep our faith strong. So dear readers, I'm sorry if I sound rather dull, I assure you I am not. I can't say that this is clearest I've thought but I feel the wind and I feel like it's telling me a story and I wanna listen. 

Maybe today's not my day, but it's a beautiful day and you're all beautiful human beings and sure once in a while we have sad days, depressing days, etc but we also have great days and amazing days. Life is a lot like that. 

I have a lot of things to worry about, and the lest of my worries is happiness. May you live in interesting times, and may you find what you're looking for. I think I'm very close to find what I'm looking for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I try to reply to every comment personally. Have a good day!