Monday, August 27, 2012

Monday Playlist

Since music is a big part of my life (I know, very cliche'), I thought of adding the playlist segment every Monday, so I can share with you the songs I've been listening to the week. My taste in music is rather weird I'd say.I listen to most kinds of music, but I'm more of a country girl. I love country music, especially old country, and Taylor Swift. I also like Pop and Blues. Other kinds, I do enjoy one or two songs, but I don't usually listen to many of the genre. I've been enjoying the following songs lately.

We Are Never Getting Back Together by Taylor Swift
Ever since this song came into iTunes and was trending in twitter, I've been listening to it non-stop. It's very Taylor, but also not very Taylor. I've heard better songs but this one's just got that stuck in your head kinda feel. Whenever some fight (about normal sibling stuff) happens between my sister and I, you'll hear one of us say "You go talk to your friends talk to my friends and talk to me". ha! It is so hilarious.

Another Now by Kate Alexa
You would know how much I talk about H2O: Just Add Water. So much, that I found most songs on the soundtrack and started listening to them. This one's a particular favorite. It has such beautiful lyrics and mellow music that I absolutely love. I've also been fangirling Kate and her music. She has an overwhelmingly beautiful voice.

My First Kiss by 3oh!3
This is such a fun song. I used to listen to it all the time in HFM, and then forgot all about it, until one day I saw Ashley sing it in Hellcats and so I got the song and it has been playing non-stop last week. I am liking 3oh!3, especially the songs on their Streets of Gold album. 

Affirmation by Savage Garden
Ever since I heard this song, I completely and utterly fell in love with it. It's like my motivation mantra now. I mean seriously. It's like as if someone put all my beliefs into a beautiful song. Everyday while I pass through the park on my way to work, I keep singing this in my mind and it's one of my favorite moments of the day.

Glad You Came by The Wanted
I am positive that this song can brighten anyone's day. I'm not even a fan of The Wanted but this song just makes me like them more than other boy bands (cough*onedirection*cough). The chorus is beautiful and their accents make this song so much much better. The whole "and I decided you look well on me" is just wow. 

Friends in Low Places by Garth Brooks
Garth is my favorite old country singer, and I love his songs. This one, especially. I heard it the other day after a long time, and it brought back so many good memories.
Hey There Delilah by Plain White Tees
How can you not love this? In fact, The Plain White Tees are my favorite band now just because of this song  and Rhythm of Love, and 1234. Ok so I like a lot of their music. This one is the story of us and that's why I love it the more. When we get through this, the world will definitely be a better place. :)

Prem Ki Naiyya from Abaj Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani
I think I may be the only one who loves this song. Most people hate punjabi-style songs. This one has been a personal favorite for a long time, and so I requested it on a show the other day and then I had this amazing feeling when it was playing, like everything was great and the world was bright and shiny. -.- I'm not even kidding.

Ankh Hai Bari Bari by Alka Yagnik
I also have a penchant for old hindi songs and Urdu Ghazals. Nothing like a cup of tea and old hindi music with its beautiful heartwarming poetry. I was up some nights ago, and was changing radio channels when I heard this and it is so so mesmerizing. The guy is in tears but the girl talks about smiling. The lyrics, they just made me nearly cry because it was so emotional, and beautiful.

Goom Hai Kisi Ki Pyar Main by Abhijeet and Sunidhi
Lets get one thing straight. I am a sucker for love songs. I love love. I love the idea of love, and I love love stories, and love songs. I used to watch only Hindi movies because they depict love in a very interesting way. Old hindi movies are especially good. These kinda songs just make you wanna go into a forest and run around and feel like you're in a fairytale. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I try to reply to every comment personally. Have a good day!