Sunday, June 16, 2013

Weddings

Seriously, why is everyone getting married? It's inevitable, yes. So far this month,  four of my classmates got married and three of them were girls. 

It's kind of scary to see people take such big steps. I would majorly freak out and move to Yemen probably.     I am happy for them though. In fact, I was a little bummed I couldn't make it to Em's wedding, or Shaf's wedding. Fishy's wedding was last night and it was all kinds of amazing. I finally finished food I put on plate, skipped some dessert (eep, I know!) and made around without making eye contact with people. 
However, the way we do wedding here are a bit weird for me. I mean reception and ceremony is not separate? No wedding toasts, or photo-booths? bah!

Seriously, I think weddings are all kinds of awesome, except when all of your friends are getting married because that reminds you how completely crazy it all is. You were planning your wedding when you were 9, saving up something blue and thinking what you want for your something borrowed, and yesterday your friend got married and even though it was most magical it scares you. Getting old is scary, growing up, all that responsibility! *sigh*

image credits
Anyhow, happy weddings and marriages to all recent brides and grooms! May the odds be ever in your favor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I try to reply to every comment personally. Have a good day!