Monday, May 26, 2014

Monday Playlist

I have this new thing where I discover a new song a day. Mostly on weekdays because on weekends I cannot be bothered by routines, not yet anyway. It's nice because new music plus I listen to the song over and over again and it's really nice. 

You and I - One Direction


I'm not the biggest 1D fan, but some of their songs are rather nice, especially this one. While I don't totally agree with everything the song says, it's a beautiful song. What really made me interested was the video. I love stop motion videos, they are so nice. Plus, was I the only one thinking they all looked old? Maybe done on purpose? Anyways, that bride is one I really want to visit. 

Ordinary Love - U2
Such a good song, really. I love everything about it, this song is one of those anthem songs that makes everything alright. It's simply beautiful and I agree wholeheartedly. The video was really nice. Again, stop motion (notice a theme? ahaha) and I think this song is one of the most quote worthy songs I have heard lately. 

Boy - Nina Nesbitt

One of my new favourite artist, Nina. She's really nice and her voice is beyond words, mesmerizing. I have listened to a couple of her songs, and watched some videos and this one takes the cake. Nice pumped up heartbreak song that is perfect for right after you get heart broken. That anger, that relief, everything is so beautifully expressed here.  

Beating Heart - Ellie Goulding
This is one of the great things about the Divergent movie. This song is so beautiful, so mellow yet not, and I don't know enough words to perfectly describe this beautiful piece. Ellie's voice is gold, the lyrics is just whoa. I mean "to the departure lounge of disbelief" is one of the most beautiful lines I've come across ever. I can listen to this over and over again and when you listen to it in a ferry right after dusk and the night sky is looking at you and the waves are softly crashing almost to the beat of this song, that right there is perfection and I have experienced that I want to experience it over and over again but I'm afraid it won't be the same. 

Red Lights - Tiesto
This is the only Tiesto song I've heard and it's really nice, really moving but also a song you can just listen, enjoy, maybe make a few moves to. I also like when songs have no real meanings, or memories attached and are something you can just enjoy with no deep feelings towards it. This is one of those few songs. 

Do What You Want - Gaga ft R. Kelly
They make a weirdly interesting combo. This song is very fun and I love it. Somehow I always end up listening to it. Nice song, nice lyrics, fun beats, pretty cool overall. 

Glory and Gore - Lorde
One of the many Lorde songs I love. This one's also deep, dark, full of truths that I can't believe a 17 year old wrote. What was I doing when I was 17? :| A levels, yeah. My sister loves to make fun of this song. I guess it's something we bond over, trying to find hidden meanings in songs. 

What's on your playlist?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I try to reply to every comment personally. Have a good day!