Saturday, February 22, 2014

Your favourite T-Shirt on Again

Life has been kind of a roller coaster lately, lots of ups and downs. This weekend, I thought I was going to turn off everything and just enjoy drinking lots of tea, catching up on books and TV shows but the complete opposite happened. Sometimes, I guess life has better plans for you. 

As most of you know, my birthday was this week and I had a nice day (a bit dull compared to some previous birthdays, I guess senescence is getting to me! but also a lot better than last year, so it's all good) and enjoyed with the family. The rest of the week has been pretty routine. Work, home, sleep and back to work. *sigh*


The week started pretty bad so to cheer myself up, I painted my nails burgundy and added a little sparkle | The day before my birthday was just a terrible day. It seemed like a series of unfortunate events were happening. I woke up late, I was a minute late to work (don't you just hate when that happens?) and lots of other terrible things kept happening but I was really humbled when my good friend Sifr brought those chocolates (I still have one left, because I sometimes keep chocolates forever, haha) and just made my day a bit brighter. I do love little things like that. | On my actual birthday I went out dressed like the TARDIS because why not? Also, It feels like the perfect time to dress up like TARDIS, cos I'm feeling 22! Anyhow, China and Timmy met me on the road and gave me a cake so I had to shop while carrying the cake in the TARDIS dress, I feel really brave for actually surviving because people kept giving me these looks and making weird comments | On Friday night, the zombie crew surprised me with *cue really bad music* yet another cake (you know I love you guys!) and this really pretty card they made! Ahh, they know me so well. We had a blast playing Blitz (while Hishko made me a white dwarf by reaching level 10 in QuizUp, thanks galhi!) and having a tea party with lots of cake! They also made fun of me because I cut the cake in half instead of cutting a triangle piece, haha. 

This weekend I've watched way too many episodes of Desperate Housewives (Teenage Preston and Porter are so cute!) and re-watching my faovurite scenes from old movies and drinking hot cocoa! 

I seriously feel so blessed to have all these amazing people. I hope you had a great week! I'm looking forward to enjoying being 22 but I also feel really sad because the other day I had this sudden realization that I'm now really old. *sigh* 

So what did you do on the weekend?

1 comment:

  1. If you think 22 is old...I'll just show myself out :P
    It's nice to have such lovely friends :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I try to reply to every comment personally. Have a good day!