Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Monday Playlist: Country Obsession

Note: I was supposed to post this yesterday, but I got so busy and forgot.
You might not know this, but I am a big fan of country music. Old country  new country, Taylor Swift, Ed Sheeran, Garth Brooks, you name it. I love the stories, and how the songs are so romantic and whimsical and makes you feel like you're sipping lemonade in a hot day wearing a Lilly Pulitzer dress with a sunhat and looking like you just came out of a Southern Living magazine. This week, I'm listening to;

Red by Taylor Swift
I love this song. A special shout-out to new pal Humadh for giving me the album which I love. This song is very very fuzzy. Like warm sauce. Like the colours in autumn, haha. Seriously, this is perfect for when you're in a car and it's playing on the radio and you look outside the car window and gaze as people pass by and feel like you're in a 60's movie. I love that feeling. 


Blown Away by Carrie Underwood
Carrie is absolutely fantastic. She reminds me of Emily Osment. Maybe they are related. Hmm, I shall look into it. But the song is wonderful, it tells a heartwarming, but sad story and you wish you could help, but maybe not. Play it when you're in the mood for some emotion, something that would make you think, that would make you wander.

As She's Walking Away by Zac Brown Band
AH-MAZING song. I listen to this every time I feel like I need some perspective in life, and it helps. It tells the story of how you should never let things that you want go, and you should run after them. Whenever you need to make a big life decision, you should listen to this. It might or might not help, but you'll have heard a good song, so that's that.


Days Go by by Keith Urban
This is my favourite country song of all times. Yes, even above any song by Tay. That is saying a lot. I love the time passage, how life is reflected in this song. It is one of my feel good songs, and it is also included in my Insomnia playlist. You should totally listen to it. Awesomesauce. 

Need You Now by Lady Antebellum
Again, amazing song. Beautiful lyrics, amazing vocals, awesome all around. It's pretty sad though, so I don't listen to it that much. Just once a week or more. heh


Wanted by Hunter Hayes
This guy is my new favourite country singer. Charming guy, but his charm doesn't irritate me that much, heh. This song is really nice and I wish I can be this song. Really. It is dedicated to all the guys out there who still prove today that there are nice people. :D Thank you!

What are you listening to?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I try to reply to every comment personally. Have a good day!